- Warranty – Doors Plus Obligations
- Doors Plus warrants that each item manufactured and/or supplied by Doors Plus is free from defects in materials workmanship and conforms to the specifications(if any) made known to you by Doors Plus. The warranty period for each item starts on the date of dispatch by Doors Plus and is listed in Part 2.
- If Doors Plus agrees , in its absolute discretion , that an item or part of an item is defective in breach of this warranty, Doors Plus will repair the defect, or, at its option, replace the item or part of the item. Replacement items or part of items are supplied unfinished and are warranted for the remainder of the warranty period for the original item.
- Doors Plus warrants that any services Doors Plus supplies to you are performed with reasonable care and skill.
- If Doors Plus agrees , in its absolute discretion , that any services have been performed unsatisfactorily in breach of this warranty, Doors Plus will supply those services again or pay the cost of having those services supplied again.
- Orders for made to measure on non-standard product will require minimum 25% deposit prior to activation of the order.
Warranty – Your Obligations
- As soon as items are delivered, you must inspect them for visible defects and notify Door Plus of any broken glass within 24 hours of delivery and any other defects apparent on delivery within 7 days of dispatch by Doors Plus and before the items are fitted or the first coat of painter’s finish is applied.
- You must preserve as far as possible for Doors Plus’ inspection, items that you claim do not comply with the Doors Plus warranty and return those items to Doors Plus promptly at no cost to Doors Plus.
- If you have opted to have a Timber or Composite door, door jamb, architraves, quads and sill or any other timber related products installed raw by Doors Plus, or Supplied to you Raw for you to install, you must seal the door and all door components, prior to painting or staining on all faces or sides, top and bottom, left and right, front and back, edges and corners with at least 2 coats of sealing paint or varnish within 24 hours of installation by Doors Plus or pickup of products from our showroom to prevent undue absorption of moisture. Stain, Primer and undercoats are not acceptable as sealing coats.
- Paint in Light Reflective Colours only. Check the Light Reflectance Value, or LRV with your paint manufacturer to reduce the risk of heat absorbtion which may cause warping and cracking. Painting with Dark Colours will void your warranty.
- You must carry out regular maintenance on the items. In particular, you must inspect exterior doors directly exposed to weather regularly and refinish them as necessary to minimise deterioration.
- You must not repair or replace any item without the prior written consent of Doors Plus, otherwise Doors Plus will not be liable to reimburse you.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to clause 3.2, clause 1 sets out the full extent of Doors Plus’ obligations and liability to you with respect to the items and services supplied to you and all other liabilities, warranties, conditions or terms whether express or implied by statute or general law are expressly excluded.
- Doors Plus does not exclude, restrict or modify any statutory right you have or statutory liability of Doors Plus which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent, including rights and liabilities of Australian Consumer Law as contained under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010(Cth) or corresponding State legislation. However, where such statutory rights and liabilities apply,to the extent to which Doors Plus is entitled to limit its liability or your rights, your rights and Doors Plus’liability are limited at Doors Plus option to:
- In the case of goods, any one or more of the following
- The replacement of the goods or supply of the equivalent goods.
- The repair of the goods.
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods.
- The payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- In the case of services:
- The supplying of the services again.
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- In the case of goods, any one or more of the following
- Doors Plus does not warrant that the items are fit for any particular purpose or intended use you and you must satisfy yourself that the items are so fit.
- Doors Plus will not be liable under the Doors Plus warranty unless you satisfy Doors Plus that you have complied with the obligations set out in clause 2 and any instructions of Doors Plus relating to the items or services.
- Doors Plus accept no liability for damage to any item fitted or stored in damp, moist or freshly plastered areas.
- As variations in colour, grain and texture are characteristics of timber, they are not considered to be defects and Doors Plus accepts no liability for colour or grain matching.
- As minor shrinkage and swelling of components, particularly raised panels, are characteristics of wood, they are not considered defects and Doors Plus accepts no liability for them.
- Doors Plus accepts no liability for any warp which does not exceed 5mm for doors up to 2100 x 920mm wide, 6mm for doors over 2100 x 920mm and up to 2340 x 920mm and 8mm for doors up to 2340 x 1200mm, being the minimums to be considered a defect under the Australian Standards. The term warp refers to distortion within the door itself and not in relation to the jambs or frame on which it is hung. The Doors Plus warranty does not apply to claims for warp where the door is not hung properly or does not swing freely or for an external door painted in a dark colour.
- Where under the Doors Plus warranty an item is to be replaced or repaired, the liability of Doors Plus will be limited to replacement with an unfinished equivalent item or repair to unfinished state.
- To the extent permitted by law and subject only to any express exceptions contained in the Doors Plus Warranty, Doors Plus will not be liable for physical or financial injury, loss or damage or for consequential loss or damage of any kind arising out of the supply, assembly, installation or operation of the items or the supply of the services or arising out of negligence by Doors Plus or in any way whatsoever.
|ClimActive Fibreglass||10 years|
|Engineered Doors||5 years|
|Solid Pacific Ash||5 years|
|As Is||No warranty|
- Zone Living, Bona Vista & Screen Doors [Aluminium Solutions
- 5 Year Warranty on Powder Coating (Excluding Chips, Scratches, Fading & General Wear & Tear which has not been a result of the manufacturing process)
- 5 Year Warranty on Rusting (Excluding Clawing)
- 12 Months Warranty on Moving Parts (Excluding Misuse that has not resulted from the Manufacturing Process)
- Broken Glass – No Warranty unless reported within 24 hours of Installation
- If faults on moving parts are reported after the 12 Month Warranty period a service fee of $110 will be applicable + the cost of the parts needed.
|(Unless reported within 24 hours of delivery)|
|(excluding glass breakage unless reported within 24 hours of delivery )|
|Door Furniture (hinges, peepholes, etc)||1years|
|Symphony Pull Handles||12 months|
|Shaw lock/Viking||12 months|
This warranty applies to defects which have risen from faulty materials or workmanship in the product and does not apply as a result of the following:
|Labour Component of Fitting||3Months|
|A Service Call fee of $110 will apply if the work required is outside of the warranty terms & conditions|
|Staining or Painting||12Months|
|(limited depending on conditions door is exposed to)|
- As Doors Plus starts processing your order promptly after you place it, a cancellation of the whole or part of your order will cause loss to Doors Plus.
- Because of this, if you cancel the whole or part of your order for any reason that is not based on a statutory right or a warranty claim, Doors Plus reserves the right to deduct from any refund or credit due to you 15% of the price of the cancelled part of the order
- Doors Plus will accept such a cancellation only if you notify Doors Plus before first dispatch date of your order.
Requirements for making a claim
- To make a warranty claim pursuant to this Warranty, the Purchaser must:
- Notify doorsplus within 7 days of the alleged defect first coming to the Purchaser’s notice within the warranty period.
- Provide doorsplus all information required, including order number, photos of the alleged defect, and with reasonable evidence of the proof of purchase. The original sales invoice is the Purchaser’s best proof of purchase.
- Provide evidence that the Product has been installed correctly and is used in accordance with the doorsplus’s instructions supplied with the Goods referring to the Terms & Conditions of sale; and
- make the Product available for inspection by doorsplus (which is at the Purchaser’s cost),that doorsplus may carry out all necessary work with the Product.
Consumer Law Rights
- The benefits given to the Purchaser in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the Goods or services to which this Warranty applies
- The following statement applies if the supply of the Goods to the purchaser is a consumer sale as defined in the Australian Consumer Law. In this statement, ‘Our’ means ‘Doorsplus, ‘You’ means the ‘Purchaser’ and ‘goods’ means ‘Goods’: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- To make claim under this warranty or to discuss the warranty service, under the advise of ACCC, please contact doorsplus customer support in writing at:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a Tax Invoice/Order Number, Photo evidence and a description of your complaint